Johnson Foundry history resouces

Home Forums Industrial Era Kingsbridge, Riverdale, Spuyten Duyvil Johnson Foundry history resouces

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ndembowski 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Dan McCauley
    Participant

Hello,
    New to the society with a particular interest in the Johnson Foundry as my 2x great grandfather worked there as a moulder from 1868 until the earlier 1900s before he passed in 1906. Do others know of any good resources about the history of the foundry? I have William Tieck’s book with his excellent chapter on The Johnson Foundry, but looking to continue my research. Thanks in advance for any tips.
    Dan

ndembowski
    Keymaster

Dan,

I bet you’ve probably already seen Cole Thompson’s article: http://myinwood.net/johnson-iron-works/

Another resource is Thomas Henry Edsall’s History of the Town of Kingsbridge. It is the first history written about the area and is full of interesting information that is hard to find anywhere else. It was written in the 1880’s and includes a page on the foundry.

Other than that and the Tieck book, I don’t know of anything else. Good luck and please let us know if you find any other resources.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.