Artifacts and Remains found in 1951 on Kingsbridge Post Office Site

Home Forums Native Americans Artifacts and Remains found in 1951 on Kingsbridge Post Office Site

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      ndembowski
      Keymaster

One future topic for a lecture is going to have to be the history of the corner of W. 230th and Broadway.  So many fascinating people and events are connected to its history.  I wanted to share a couple of articles from the Riverdale Press about Native American artifacts that were found during the construction of the Kingsbridge Post Office on that block.

This is from an article written by KHS founder, William Tieck, for the 6/11/1964 issue of the Riverdale Press:

This was written by Theodore Kazimiroff for the 12/27/1951 issue of the Riverdale Press:

I am posting them here today as I have just sent these to the archaeology unit of the State Historic Preservation Office to flag the area as sensitive.  My hope is that the adjacent parking lot (on Godwin Terrace) will not be developed without some kind of archaeological review.

mull0096
        Participant

Can someone let me know if the Zoom meeting at St. Joseph Sem inery still on.

Thanks. Dan Mullane       —mulland@jostens.com

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.